Remove bloodhound virus... Anyone?
dominator
2004-11-09 02:13:02 UTC
How to remove the bloodhound virus? Please help me... thanks
If you receive help , please let me know
2004-11-09 05:15:01 UTC
Nan_c_1958
2004-11-09 05:21:02 UTC
I need help too, I have the Bloodhound Virus too. Have no clue what to do.
Dominator is it keeping you from opening internet explorer?. I can Not open
it. Any help greatly appreciated.
MAP
2004-11-09 07:29:03 UTC
http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread.jsp?forum=11&thread=31475&message=163457
http://www.iamnotageek.com/t-77405.htm
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-gate.nsf/d7ea122f20637e2b88256ce6004a00c5/cf480cecdcf4b28388256bd0007e5054?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
Br0wnbear
2004-11-09 14:24:57 UTC
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:13:02 -0800, dominator
Post by dominator
How to remove the bloodhound virus? Please help me... thanks
There are different variants of bloodhound identified by Symantec.

Can you help us out here a bit.
1. Please confirm it was Symantec that identified the beast.
2. What OS do you have?
3. What variant of bloodhound did it catch?

here is the short "ahem" list of what they identify
the key word being UNKNOWN. You should send the identififed file to
Symantec for analysis.

When Bloodhound detects an unknown virus, Norton AntiVirus reports the
virus name as one of the following:
Bloodhound.AOLPWS
Bloodhound.Boot
Bloodhound.Boot.String
Bloodhound.DirActCOM
Bloodhound.DirActEXE
Bloodhound.ExcelMacro
Bloodhound.ExcldFile
Bloodhound.FileString
Bloodhound.Hybrid
Bloodhound.HybridCOM
Bloodhound.HybridEXE
Bloodhound.MBR
Bloodhound.NeuralBoot
Bloodhound.NeuralMBR
Bloodhound.Poly
Bloodhound.ResCOM
Bloodhound.ResEXE
Bloodhound.Unknown
Bloodhound.VBS.Worm
Bloodhound.W32
Bloodhound.W32.EP
Bloodhound.W32.1
Bloodhound.W32.2
Bloodhound.W32.3
Bloodhound.WordMacro
Bloodhound.ExcelMacro
Bloodhound.VBS.1 (probable IRC worm)
Bloodhound.VBS.2 (probable IRC worm)
Bloodhound.VBS.3 (probable Outlook worm)
Bloodhound.VBS.4 (probable VBS worm, created with worm generation
tool)
Bloodhound.VBS.5 (probable VBS worm, created with worm generation
tool)
Bloodhound.JS.1 (probable IRC worm)
Bloodhound.JS.2 (probable IRC worm)
Bloodhound.JS.3 (probable Outlook worm)

hth
John Brown
Bears are always happy, we get to hibern8
unknown
2004-11-10 20:33:46 UTC
When symantec detects a file that it "thinks" may be a virus and can not
classify it, it calls it a bloodhound virus.

Please follow these steps in order to clean your computer of Malware which
can include Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Spyware, Hijackers and Dialers.

Step 1:
Download Spybot and Adaware from the following locations and install them.
You should run both programs and clean up what it finds. This is to
gaurantee that you find the most malware you can installed on your computer.

Before running the scans on both programs, it is mandatory that you update
the programs. There are update options in each program when you run them.

Spybot
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

Ad-Aware

If you would like to learn more about how to use these two programs with the
proper settings you can read the tutorials below:

AD-AWARE Tutorial
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial48.html

SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY Tutorial
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial43.html

When you scan with both programs, fix everything that it finds.

When you are done with the scan and fixing the items. Please continue with
the next step.

Step 2:

Please run two online virus scans:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

Step 3:

It is important that you run Spybot and Adaware before you proceed with this
step. Fixing enties with Hijackthis may leave behind unwanted files on your
computer if the previous step was not done first.

Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory
like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the
backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis.php

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the
program. Click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save
Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click
on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on
Copy.

Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created
log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. To do this, once you are
registered, create a new post, right click in message area and select paste
to paste the log into the post.

An expert will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries
unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing as you may cause
more damage to the system

To see a tutorial on using HijackThis you can click on the link below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial42.html
--
Lawrence Abrams
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com
shermay
2004-12-11 03:51:12 UTC
Hi:
You seem to know a whole lot about this thing. Today my notor virus scan
reported the bloodhound exploit.6 said it could not remove it....i did tons
of research of how to remove it but i still don't know if it came off...can
you please help me out here in beverly hills california...i'm in desperate
need of help...if you have an exact patch etc please forward it to
me...thanking you in advance for your help
billm
2004-11-25 21:55:17 UTC
I had this virus yesterday nd it wouldnt lt me use IE or even windows
explorer. I used "system restore" (I am using XP) nd restored the
system from 2 days ago. I was back up and running within about 15
mins.

Hope that helps.
alceo
2005-01-04 18:57:03 UTC
BrianW
2005-02-28 18:59:02 UTC
Alright, apparently I have a bloodhound virus too. Can anyone tell me how
to determine what my specific virus is called. (I thought it was just
bloodhound, but apparently bloodhound is a generic name given to unknown
viruses.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
What's in a Name?
2005-03-02 02:00:45 UTC
Post by BrianW
Alright, apparently I have a bloodhound virus too. Can anyone tell
me how to determine what my specific virus is called. (I thought it
was just bloodhound, but apparently bloodhound is a generic name
given to unknown viruses.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
submit it here
http://virusscan.jotti.dhs.org/
-max
You can find my e-mail address on my pages
This message is virus free as far as I can tell